St Lawrence Church
Built in 1739, St Lawrence church is integral to the community. One of the most notable features of the church is the three-stage West tower with its round arched openings. The top stage of the tower was built later, in the 19th Century. The church contains some original panelling and benches, and there are some C18 headstones in the churchyard. As a Church of England school, we take pride in sharing the history of this special place with our school community and enjoy opportunities to make more history together.
A place full of history, and beauty, we are proud of our association with St Lawrence church.
There have always been strong links between St Lawrence Church and the school, from when the school was first founded in the early 18th century to the present day. These links continue with the Foundation Governors appointed by the Diocese, the weekly school assemblies taken by one of the clergy , visits to the church on the first Thursday of every month for a full church assembly, the various school services at Easter and Christmas held in the church. The church also use the school facilities to hold their harvest supper event each year.
The Christian faith contributes an important part to the ethos of the whole school, as we try together to develop each child’s character and potential. The school encourages consideration for others and a family atmosphere.
Help us to work together
To look after our school
And to share what we have
so that everyone has what they need
Help us to build a better world
Where each of us is the best person we can be