A school has been on the site in Preston since approx. 1843, and was built to provide the children of the hospital a place to learn. Mr. Pritchard was the Head Teacher at the school and we have the head teacher records since this time.
Mr. Pritchard’s two daughters attended the school.
The current School was opened in 1898. It was built on land donated by the trustees of Preston Hospital to replace an earlier school.