We believe there are many benefits to school clubs, either held after school or during lunch times.
They can provide children with opportunities to:
- Increase their participation in physical activity and improve fitness levels
- Further the knowledge, understanding and skills developed within curriculum time
- Try out activities not included within the curriculum
- Begin to specialise in specific activities
- Make independent choices and decisions about their participation
- Become involved in the organisation, management and leadership of activities
- Take part in activities for a variety of different reasons (e.g. for recreation, fun, competition, social)
- Socialise with pupils from different classes/year groups and make new friends.
As a result our staff work hard to plan, organise and run as varied a range of clubs that we can. We often are supported in this by outside organisations which run popular clubs after school.
The range of sporting clubs will vary on a seasonal basis and can include football, multi-sports, summer sports and athletics.
Acorns Out Of School Club is based in a school environment.
We provide fun activities for children aged 4-11 years old, with something to suit all ages and interests. There is a lot of space, including the use of the school hall, playground, jungle gym and school field.
Breakfast Session hours – 07:45 to 08:45
After School Session hours – 15:00 to 18:00
Call Zoely Jones on 07866 714 617 to book or arrange a visit